[OpenID board] OpenID Foundation and Japan

Snorri snorri at snorri.eu
Sun Feb 10 22:55:25 UTC 2008

Hi All,

About OpenID intellectual property in Japan, As I have (the TM) it has
already been protected... But it's a long process.
Finally it's now in the WIPO Database
http://www.wipo.int/ipdl/en/search/madrid/search-struct.jsp
Enter "OpenID" 4th box
At the bottom of page (832) = JP Japan
But we have to wait 3 months for this to show up in the Japanese database
http://www3.ipdl.inpit.go.jp/cgi-bin/ET/ep_main.cgi?1199846471880
There are also a second registration of 2007 that will appear in 5 month in
WIPO
But the first priority is March 2007

By coincidence I meet in Paris this week a motivated person (An Kiet) to
propose "OpenID Asia"
Mozilla is a good example but careful because the operation of OpenID
Foundation is different and OIDF is not a new ICANN? ;-)

I know that create an NPO in Japan is most complicated than USA or Europe
And tomorrow the same question de asked to Korea, China...

For me it's better to create "OpenID Asia" like in Europe with the
Representative in each Asian country
Of course the Japan can be the Pilot like France in Europe

After (When? :) I think that OIDF must establish a protocol between "OpenID
Europe" and "Asia OpenID"

For example : Mozilla Europe is affiliated at Mozilla Foundation

Cheers

-Snorri