[OpenID board] BOARD VOTE: Motion to update Rails plugin andOpenID.net ...

Brian Kissel bkissel at janrain.com
Thu Dec 18 19:03:44 UTC 2008

We have all agreed we're not going to do anything until the elections are done, no disagreement.

Nor was I advocating "experimenting" on the OIDF website.  I think the question that was originally put to the BOD was should we spend $2K to update the text box implementation to fix the bugs that were reported with i-names and directed identity.  There was a lot of discussion about when and whether to spend that $2K, at which point I offered a suggestion to put a different front end on RPX as one alternative, either for the near term (cost deferral) or long term (cost reduction).  If neither of those proposals is acceptable, that's fine, it was only a suggestion in response to a lot of dialog on the thread.

So if the majority of the board prefers to spend the $2K to fix the text box implementation we had originally, then that's what we should do, and have Refresh Media start soon so that they can make the change as soon as the elections are over.  If we want to do something else to save/delay costs, improve the UX, switch vendors from Refresh, etc. then those proposals should be shared with the BOD as well as alternatives to consider.  If there are no other proposals to consider, then a simple vote on $2K for Refresh's proposal should wrap this up.

Cheers,

Brian
Brian Kissel