[OpenID board] BOARD VOTE: Motion to update Rails plugin and OpenID.net ...

Scott Kveton scott at kveton.com
Thu Dec 18 02:50:16 UTC 2008

> Has any asked whoever built the current library if they will fix it?

The Refresh folks spoke with the current maintainer and he agrees is
needs to be fixed and is willing to accept patches but isn't going to
do the work.

> btw: I do agree it is an issue that we changed the site during the
> process -- but changing again is also bad. That people were locked out
> from joining for a while was disappointing. I'd prefer to try and keep
> the site stable until the elections are over and then replace RPX with
> an open source implementation that works.

I should clarify: the election ends on 12/24/2008 and changes to the
membership software would be *after* that.  No one is going to touch
the membership software until after the elections are completed.

- Scott