[OpenID board] Year-end financials

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 08:04:22 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Dick Hardt <dick.hardt at gmail.com> wrote:

> As for using Wesabe or something like that -- my preference would be
> to let the ED decide how best to operate the Foundation in a manner
> that minimizes overhead and provides the appropriate amount of
> transparency and information accessibility.
>
> I am a big believer that if you want someone to be responsible for
> something, you need to give them the authority to make the decisions
> about it.

I support that approach. I wasn't necessarily suggesting using Wesabe
specifically, but only suggesting that that level of human-readable
reporting would be a nice-to-have.

Of course the board treasurer should use whatever tools will enable him (or
someday her?) to be most effective.

> Chris / Nat: if you are elected to the board, then you will have more
> insight, which is of course is one of the roles of the board.

Yep, true dat.
Thanks,

Chris

--