[OpenID board] Serious problems with membership signup system

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 01:22:45 UTC 2008

The first problem is that we have two competing registration forms:
https://openid.net/foundation/members/registration
https://openid.net/foundation/join

The second problem is that, as of now, when I pick a non "sign-in" option on
the registration page, I'm getting this error (which I've seen before):

The change you wanted was rejected.

> Maybe you tried to change something you didn't have access to.

The third problem was reported by Louis Montagne from France.

According to him, he has been unable to successfully fill out the membership
information form because his address is in France and whatever validation
we're using won't allow him to enter Paris, France in the
City/Provence/State fields. This is embarrassing.

Can we please get these issues fixed? I can't imagine how much this
undermines the integrity of the election if people are attempting to sign up
to pay their membership dues to vote and are unable to. Do we have any idea
how long these problems have been occurring? Do we have any numbers for the
number of people who start the registration flow and then abandon midway?

Chris

--
Chris Messina
Citizen-Participant &