[OpenID board] Updates to the website and blog

Will Norris will at willnorris.com
Fri Dec 5 22:38:40 UTC 2008

On Dec 5, 2008, at 10:52 AM, Chris Messina wrote:
>> I also think that we should (now, or after the election) pick
>> someone to be
>> responsible as the go-to person for the server, and who will
>> maintain the
>> software and access rights to the server. That's a somewhat
>> separate issue,
>> but it's something that we need some leadership, or at least
>> responsibility,
>> on.
>>

>> Yes, Scott and I have been sharing this role which I think is
>> actually
>> working well.  The issue is more finding people with time who want
>> to work
>> on things, not getting access to do them. :)
>>

> I think Will would be interested in serving in this capacity as
> well, but I
> won't speak for him.
> I do know that have a triumvirate responsible for the server would
> probably
> make for good accessibility and redundancy, but it also requires, as
> usual,
> clear, open and transparent communications between those with time and
> access.

So we're upgraded to WordPress 2.7(RC1) now and everything looks to be
going smoothly.  I've also updated how the files are actually laid out
in the document root to keep things better organized.  I've got a
backup of the wordpress database pre-upgrade as well as the previous
wordpress files, just in case we need to roll back.

As far as going forward, I don't mind helping with server and site
administration.  Good communication between the people making changes
on the box is certainly key, though.

-will