[OpenID board] Trademark problem?

Dick Hardt dick.hardt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 04:59:51 UTC 2008

On 3-Dec-08, at 5:27 PM, Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) wrote:

> On 12/04/2008 02:44 AM, Scott Kveton:
>> Dick has, on numerous occasions, outlined the reasons what was kept
>> private.  +1 to his reasons from me.
>>

> His reasoning was that it would give them an advantage. And I keep
> asking which advantage? For some unknown reason you aren't answering
> my question either...
>
> You want to keep it private, fine. You know why I want it to be
> public? To see the actions of the board. And maybe give an advice if
> I can.

Imagine playing a game of chess. If you talk out loud about your
strategy and what move you might make if your opponent makes a
particular move, you will be at an extreme disadvantage.

The members of the board are bound by fudiciary duty to do what is in
the best interest of the Foundation. Members of this list and the
general public are not. Sure, you might be able to give some advice --
but that small advantage does not counter the disadvantages.

-- Dick