[OpenID board] Trademark problem?

Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) eddy_nigg at startcom.org
Thu Dec 4 01:27:27 UTC 2008

On 12/04/2008 02:44 AM, Scott Kveton:
> Dick has, on numerous occasions, outlined the reasons what was kept
> private.  +1 to his reasons from me.

His reasoning was that it would give them an advantage. And I keep
asking which advantage? For some unknown reason you aren't answering my
question either...

You want to keep it private, fine. You know why I want it to be public?
To see the actions of the board. And maybe give an advice if I can.

> For the record, we're still spending $0 on hosting.

Which isn't quite right either. You know why? Because we'll feel quilt
and will make a generous donation as compensation. Why not being
reasonable and either pay a commercial company or compensate them for
their work in a reasonable manner? That's what I suggested back than as
well... I'll be glad to facilitate a dedicated server at a
north-american hosting company and even take responsibility for it,
how's that? 1K per year should be sufficient for that purpose.

> While I understand your frustration here Eddy, I don't think your
> adversarial tone gets us anywhere.  Want to make it better?  Great,
> please nominate yourself (heck I'll do it for you if you like) to the
> board.

Ahhhh :-)

> Don't just complain; do something.  Nobody is stopping you.

Boy, I clocked more than 400 hours just in November (which wasn't a
particular busy month), got myself a family and a few kids too. Of
course it's my life and a different mentality, but hell no, I'm not
impressed. I'm not complaining either, but participating - not agreeing
with some handling of the board or foundation doesn't equals complaints!
See, there is a difference...

I'm investing my time where I believe it matters most to me, not
defending my actions in any way. I'll do something where I care and if I
can. Does that mean I have to accept and agree with all your decisions?
Suggesting to provide a different performance or requesting to keep
things in the open should give you something to think about (at best).
And apparently I'm not alone.