[OpenID board] Any new developments in the new ED's recruitment process?

Snorri snorri at snorri.eu
Wed Dec 3 21:09:25 UTC 2008

Dear Hiring Committee:

Would it be possible to inform the community about the recruiting of the new
ED at this stage?

>From what I gathered, after the last interview conducted at IIW, two
'serious' candidates remained in the race.

Could it be that the current election of the new Board have effectively
frozen the recruiting process until a new Board is elected? Can you tell us
if the negotiations with the ED candidates have reached a successful
conclusion? Has an employment contract been signed, or are we to start again
from the beginning?

To us all, this is an important concern. We have placed much hope in the new
people coming on to the New Board, but a lot is riding on the personality of
the candidate selected for the new Executive Director position.

At this time, after Bill Washburn's departure (May 28th, 2008) approximately
seven months ago, I personally think it would be important to keep the
Community informed on this topic.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

-Snorri