[OpenID board] The new OIDF Local Chapters Policy

Snorri snorri at snorri.eu
Tue Apr 22 23:16:44 UTC 2008

Dear Mike-Members of the OIDF Board:

Please find attached (PDF) our proposal for the new "OIDF Local Chapters
Policy," to which I have devoted much time over the last few days. I am very
thankful to Nat Sakimura, who has fully participated to this proposal, as
well as for his valuable observations.

I do hope you will appreciate that this result does not just come from a
merely European, or Japanese, point of view; rather. It is the fruit of a
consultation at the global level, taking into account all the specificities
we are well aware of in a world that is sharing OIDF's interests. The goal
is to make the policies as beneficial to all parties involved as possible,
and, above all, to OpenID, respecting and honoring each participant's needs
and expectations.

I add that another, longer version (a contract) is also available upon
request. However, for the sake of being efficient and with expediency in
mind, I prefer submitting this short version, which is relatively close to
the one currently present at http://openid.net/foundation/chapters/.

I would be grateful if you were to read this proposal for the OIDF Local
Chapters policy during your next board meeting (next agenda?), so as to have
it submitted for possible approval; we are looking forward to responding to
any remarks the board Members may have.

I am confirming to you that, were this present version in full force and
effect, we would immediately be able to have it accepted by the Chapters in
Europe. This would be an excellent introduction for the rest of the world to
follow.

We hope you will enjoy reading this Chapters Policy.

Best regards,

-Snorri