[OpenID board] [legal] Feedback on latest drafts of OpenID IPR Policy and Process

Bill Washburn billhwashburn at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 28 16:09:22 UTC 2007

Scott, Dick,

It seems to me this is not being seen / interpreted in exactly the same way by both of you.  I take the suggestion from Dick as a proposal for how to ensure that major decisions re Working Groups and such are based on community input and that therefore such a mechanism ought to be incorporated into the procedures of the IPR process document.

This proposal that you, Scott, describe as "fantastic" is something about which you are both in strong agreement.  So far, so good, right?

I think the confusion is that I don't read this suggestion as a change in the procedure for how we come to closure on the IPR docs right now.  After all, as of today and until we complete this IPR effort there are in actuality no members of the OIDF who could vote in the first place.  I take Dick's proposal as a solid suggestion for how to ensure the strong role of the OpenID community in the major decisions regarding IPR process and not at all about how we complete this effort to establish the OpenID IPR policy regime.

cheers,
-bill