[OpenID board] Foundation organization proposal

Dick Hardt dick at sxip.com
Thu Mar 15 01:47:06 UTC 2007

After the last call I was asked to put together a proposal outlining
how the Foundation could be organized based on the previous
discussion email I sent out. Here is the outline. Look forward to
discussing on the call tomorrow.

-- Dick

Funding Model
---------------------
Initial funding: large sponsorship fees from organizations
ongoing revenue: attendance fees at conferences
fees to be set by board

Sponsorship
-----------------
Organizations can be:
	founding sponsor: recognition of supporting OpenID
	founding board sponsor: same as founding sponsor plus seat on boar

Board Composition
--------------------------
Minimum seven members
One membership elected director for each founding board sponsor
director unless there are less then seven board members, then vacant
spots are made up of membership elected directors

Membership:
------------------
Membership in the foundation is made up of who paid to attend the
OpenID conference. Individuals can attend the conference virtually.
There will be two conferences a year.

Elections
--------------
Elections happen at each conference for open board positions. Goal is
to stagger terms for continuity.

Term of Director membership
one year / two year???

Working Groups
The work of the Foundation will be done in working groups, with
approval to be done at the board level. The board may delegate
decisions to the working groups. The working groups may have members
that are not part of the board.