[OpenID board] IPR Policy and Process Proposal

Dick Hardt dick at sxip.com
Tue Apr 24 23:26:35 UTC 2007

I have concerns with both documents:

Formal IPR Policy:
http://openid.net/wiki/index.php/Formal_IPR_Policy

Blanket Reciprocity term -- Sxip has significant Patents in this
space and just giving all those patents that are not needed for
implementing OpenID to any Contributor is a challenging issue for us
and I would imagine a non-starter for large organizations. Perhaps I
am missing something about the intent of this term

Formal Process:
http://openid.net/wiki/index.php/Formal_Process

This is looking like the basis for a standards body now. I thought we
had decided that we would move the specifications to a standards body
so that we did not have to reinvent the wheel? Voting, membership,
governance are big issues that are not defined in this  document --
so even though it looks complex now, wait until those issues are
dealt with!