[OpenID board] [RFC] Funding Model Note

Drummond Reed drummond.reed at cordance.net
Mon Apr 16 04:40:02 UTC 2007

David,

Here's a suggested second draft:

All,

Like any organization, the OpenID Foundation board needs a sustainability
model (aka how do we pay the bills). This is one of the final remaining
steps to actually getting the legal organization fully spun up.

In coming up with a plna, we've tried hard to balance the need for funds to
help more widely promote and evangelize OpenID, while not becoming evil or
allowing influence or control to be bought.  One nice protection is that the
Foundation (per the charter sent out previously) does not control the
specifications.

You can find a proposed draft of the funding model (to be reflected in the
Foundation's bylaws) on the wiki at
http://openid.net/wiki/index.php/OpenID_Foundation/sustainability. To send
comments and suggestions, please do not use the talk page on the wiki, but
rather reply to this thread.

Thanks,

The OpenID Foundation Board

That is the plan, just need review by this list first. :)