[OpenID board] [RFC] Funding Model Note

Recordon, David drecordon at verisign.com
Sun Apr 15 22:50:50 UTC 2007

Hey all,
One of the initial tasks the OpenID Foundation board has taken on is
coming up with a sustainability (aka how do we get money) model for the
organization.  We've tried hard to balance the need for money to help
more widely promote and evangelize OpenID, while not becoming evil or
allowing influence or control to be bought.  One nice protection is that
the Foundation (per the charter sent out previously) does not control
the specifications.

You can find the proposed draft of the funding model (to be worked into
the organization's bylaws) on the wiki at
http://openid.net/wiki/index.php/OpenID_Foundation/sustainability.
Please do not use the talk page on the wiki, but rather reply to this
thread with comments and suggestions.  This is one of the final
remaining steps needed to actually get the legal organization fully spun
up.

Thanks,
The OpenID Foundation Board