[OpenID board] Updated Funding Proposal

Justen Stepka jstepka at jstepka.name
Sat Apr 14 00:53:59 UTC 2007

On 4/14/07, Johannes Ernst <jernst at netmesh.us> wrote:

> As to board elections, I agree that two years is probably the right term
> length though with seven members that does leave the possibility for high
> turnover.  Other thoughts on this?
>

> As Popper I believe said, democracy is not so much about being able to
> vote for somebody, it is about being able to get rid of somebody.
>
> I think there is no problem with having relatively shorter time frames
> (could be even shorter than 2 years) but allowing board members (or
> officers, for that matter) to stand again in the next election. That allows
> for as much continuity as the electorate is willing to stomach ;-)
>

> Johannes Ernst
> NetMesh Inc.

It is also important to note that during the initial phases of the board and
comities, things may change faster than lets say 2-3 years from now.

Having the option of turn over for new blood during the most influential
phases (now) of the project is important to get the most for everyone
involved.

Cheers,

Justen

--