[OpenID board] Funding Proposal

Drummond Reed drummond.reed at cordance.net
Mon Apr 9 22:36:49 UTC 2007

I too agree this is a very good proposal that offers a nice "hybrid" model.
Two suggestions for how to simplify/strengthen it further:

1) Currently it has three $ categories: donations, members, and sponsors. We
could simplify it down to two: "Members" and "Donors/Sponsors". Members has
associated fee table based on type/size. Donors/Sponsors is unstructured and
just has categories (the category for contributions under $5K would simply
be called "Donor", and the four higher categories would be
"Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum Sponsors").

2) Currently only Gold and Platinum Sponsors have membership included. If we
made the rule that any Donor or Sponsor whose contribution is at least 25%
greater than their membership fee shall have their membership included, then
it would incent all potential Members to become Donors or Sponsors for an
incremental contribution. (However it is still an option for a company/org
to be a Donor/Sponsor and decline membership.)

If these revisions make sense I'm happy to help with wording edits if David
wants to add =drummond to the wiki.

=Drummond