[OpenID board] Further discussion ...

Dick Hardt dick at sxip.com
Mon Apr 9 18:03:42 UTC 2007

On 9-Apr-07, at 10:30 AM, Scott Kveton wrote:

> Dick: I hope you don't feel like your efforts were wasted.  You're
> helping
> to move this discussion along greatly even if we don't end up going
> with
> your proposal.  I imagine we'll end up with a hybrid but only time
> will
> tell.

I did not choose the best words to express what I was thinking.

I had volunteered and was empowered to create draft by-laws, had
solicited feedback along the way to reflect the majority opinions of
the board, and feel the task was taken away from me. I'm a big boy
and will soldier on, but other people that step up to take on tasks
in the future may not.

As a board, we need to empower committees to do tasks and then
approve the results or provide clear feedback on what needs to change
back to the committee.

Developing different proposals from different board members creates a
political tension that is counter productive on how I prefer to operate.

-- Dick