[OpenID board] Further discussion ...

Johannes Ernst jernst at netmesh.us
Fri Apr 6 21:43:01 UTC 2007

On Apr 6, 2007, at 14:28, Recordon, David wrote:
> While Drummond, Artur, or myself not being able to
> attend the meeting yesterday is certainly no excuse for holding up
> work,
> I would also have hoped that those present would have taken this
> ongoing
> task into account and not made a decision given the importance and
> impact of these proposals.

As I recall the discussion yesterday -- and I hope the minutes will
concur -- the proposal to "simply proceed on this important matter by
decision of those present" was rejected, and instead we decided to
proceed only after the input of those not present was sought on this
matter, specifically for the objective that nobody on the board had
to dissent from the proposal put forward to the community.

Which is exactly what seems to be occurring right now whether we know
it or not ;-)

It would still be my hope that we could find a way that works (on an
80-20 basis) for all of us, instead of having a true split opinion on
this on the board.

Cheers,

Johannes.