[OpenID board] Further discussion ...

Recordon, David drecordon at verisign.com
Fri Apr 6 21:28:53 UTC 2007

Dick,
I certainly can understand your frustration in this matter and I do not
believe anyone had any intention of making you feel as if your time was
wasted.

If I had known I had to send a formal request to the board list
requesting an extension then I certainly would have, though I guess I
hoped that the work Bill had been posting would have showed some
progress being made.  While Drummond, Artur, or myself not being able to
attend the meeting yesterday is certainly no excuse for holding up work,
I would also have hoped that those present would have taken this ongoing
task into account and not made a decision given the importance and
impact of these proposals.

With that said, when speaking with Scott and Bill yesterday I expressed
my desire to not be listed as being in support of the current proposal
when sent to the general@ list.  From this, the conversation shifted to
the reality that Bill and I could meet face-to-face on Monday morning to
draft an alternative proposal for the board to review.  I think
considering the few days this may slow us down, it was agreed to on the
phone that it would be a worthwhile exercise.

--David