[OpenID board] Further discussion ...

Scott Kveton scott at janrain.com
Fri Apr 6 01:52:27 UTC 2007

Hi Everybody,

Bill and I had a discussion with David about our plans moving forward and
the proposal that Dick and I are putting forward.  David and Bill are going
to meet on Monday to talk over their donation-only model and get a proposal
out to the list by Tuesday at the latest.  In light of David being out for
the last week, I'm all for this.

I'd like us to compare/contrast the two proposals on Tuesday - Thursday and
have any final discussion on our call next Thursday.  We could then put it
to a vote of the board unless we find some middle ground that everyone can
agree on.  Ideally we'd announce the proposed structure to the General list
on Monday of Web 2.0 Expo and offer the chance for people in town to meet
with the board members that are present to talk about the why and how of the
proposal we put forward.

Again, I'd like to reiterate, I'm most interested in a solution that is
sustainable and palatable by the OpenID community.  The sooner we find that
solution, the better off we're going to be as a community.

Thoughts/comments/concerns?

- Scott